Saturday, November 14, 2015

We Thought Playing Kickball in the Dark was a Good Idea

On Monday night for FHE we combined with another FHE group and decided to play kickball in the dark because we couldn't turn on the lights to the field. While I was guarding second base the person kicked the ball and I unfortunately misjudged where the ball was. All I remember is a big red ball coming towards my face. My vision became blurry for a few seconds and I decided to sit out the rest of the game, but I was not concerned considering I have been hit in the face with a ball before. I continued to have a constant migraine the rest of the night and all of Tuesday.

Wednesday morning my favorite roommate Kassi (who is the same favorite roommate typing this blog post for me as I speak) kindly took me to the BYU Health Center. The doctor established that I did indeed have a concussion and cannot do any school work, work, or focus on anything for a week (hence why Kassi is typing this for me).

I have never been so thankful for a busy schedule, work or school work. I can't do what I would normally do if I was sick. It hurts to watch a movie, listen to music, or read. I explained to my sister that my head basically feels like I have a constant brain freeze.

The good thing that has come I also have to take a break from technology. This has been good because it is a goal I have tried to keep and now I have a concussion to help me achieve this. ;) I am also so grateful for the wonderful friends and family that have been taking great care of me.

3 comments:

  1. Amberly, hope you're feeling better soon! This sort of thing is interesting to learn from. Similar situations have happened to me and it's always cool to be able to look back and see how've you've grown from the situation. Hope you're able to find that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! Keep resting. Sometimes it is just as hard to have nothing to do (or to have to do nothing) as it is to have too much to do. <--hopefully that comment doesn't make your brain hurt to think about. Get well soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, thank goodness for roommates that are willing to help you out! It's probably a good wake-up call about our use of technology, maybe I should go play kickball!

    ReplyDelete