The first day of General Conference has come and gone. It
was amazing! I just stayed at home and watched it on a projector with my
roommate. It was super fun to sustain the new apostles this afternoon. I am
excited to hear from them tomorrow and get to know them better.
I always come out of conference with confidence that the
church really is true. I gained inspiration of how I could progress, and answers
to my prayers.
In preparation for conference in my Living Prophets class,
Brother Newel shared that the value of conference is that it can change
people's lives and what we are able to get out of conference depends more on
the your personal preparation for the talks more than the speaker's preparation
for their talks. I know this to be true and although I didn't feel as prepared
as I wanted to I know I need to continue to listen to conference with an open
mind and heart.
Also after conference, we seem to feel rejuvenated and want
to live a better life but sometimes later we let what we have learned to pass
or forget to act. President Eldon Tanner said that we need to have conference
become one's walk and talk. I am going to try to take what I have been inspired
to do and the messages I have heard to heart, my goal is to now act rather than
just remember the happy feeling I have felt.
Yes! I love general conference, I always am left feeling lick a million bucks, wanting to do better, and motivated to be a better person too!
ReplyDeleteBirdy, I think you are left feeling like* a million bucks. I agree though! I feel the same way. It is always great to feel motivation, it helps us become so much more productive!
ReplyDeleteGeneral Conference is always so great. I learn more in two days than a whole semester of school! I've been watching it at home with my roommates and I loved hearing from the new apostles. They are amazing.
ReplyDeleteI feel very strongly that one of the best ways to make meetings like general conference meaningful is to come with a question to which you are seeking an answer. Questions invite revelation. The same is true for personal scripture study. My experience is night and day when I come prepared with a meaningful question versus when I just show up hoping to hear something good.
ReplyDelete