Saturday, October 17, 2015

Salt Lake Temple


This afternoon my roommates and I decided to go to the Salt Lake Temple for baptisms. It was my first time inside this temple and even though I only saw a tiny part of it, it was still amazing.

It is always so peaceful inside any temple. As I was sitting there I realized how blessed we are as a church to have these lovely places that not only do we doing ordinances for both us and for those who have passed on, but a place completely separate from the world. I felt like I didn't have a worry about anything, and felt a great calm come over me. I always think of the example that one of my stake leaders back home shared: the New York temple is in the middle of a large loud city. It has to have an extra padded wall to make it soundproof from the traffic sounds outside. It is kind of like how we need to make sure to have our own padded walls and even though we are in the world, be not of the world.

I am so grateful for temples. Not only do  I want to visit different temples I haven't seen or been inside yet, but I need to make sure to make it to the temple here in Provo more often.


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing Amberly. I've never had the chance to actually go into the Salt Lake temple but it's definitely on my list of things to do this year. I love how you compared it to the NYC temple. That's my home temple and it's really true about the sound. The temple in the heart of the city and it's amazing how you're in the chaos of the world one minute and then as soon as you step into the temple it's quiet and you can just feel the spirit come over you. It's my favorite temple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Salt Lake Temple. It is definitely a unique experience, but to me, the Salt Lake Temple is a reminder of how important temple covenants were to the early saints. Thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete