Saturday, September 26, 2015

Stay Positive

This week was a hard one for me. I had a paper due, two midterms, a cleaning check, and a long heavy work schedule due to a large dinner at the Hinkley Center for the Marriott school. To make it even worse I woke up Monday with a terrible cold. All week I felt like my nose was the size of an elephant seal's.

Despite all this, my week turned out to be a profitable one. I learned several things throughout this week:

1) Heavenly Father must have a sense of humor. On Saturday night I asked if should I go on the FHE hike Monday night or stay home and work on my essay. As soon as I woke up Monday with my cold, I kind of laughed and found the answer to my prayer even though it wasn't the one I wanted :) .

2) I found that sometimes it is better to find time to sleep rather than stay up all night studying. Sleep is important and although you feel like you will not be able to get all you want done, at least you will feel better the next day.

3) Little, simple things become more important. Whether it is a funny conversation with roommates, a wonderful mother who is just a call away that allows me to rant on, a bright yellow carnation, a lovely class lecture in Living Prophets, or a chocolate chip cookie brought over by a friend.

4) A hard week causes the weekend to become even more enjoyable. I am super excited to go down to the Conference Center in Salt Lake tonight for the General Women Broadcast and for a calm Sunday.

3 comments:

  1. I'm pretty sure I've heard a quote about how God always answers our prayers in the way that is best for our progression, sorry it had to come like this! haha But thanks for the post, I feel like a lot of us are feeling overwhelmed! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what you said about sleep. It is so true! I am the kinda person that cant function very well the next day if I don't get enough sleep, so it is very important to me. I also love the rest of your post, it was very well said. I hope you are finally feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is awesome that you were able to learn so much from such a busy week, I know how that goes! Heavenly Father does have a way of answering our prayers, in ways we least suspect it, I found that in my week as well. It is also amazing how great weekends are after such long weeks, enjoy conference!

    ReplyDelete