Saturday, October 10, 2015

Texas Pride

This afternoon I went with some of my friends to a Texas Roundup in the Wilk. It wasn't hugely exciting; I just had some ice cream, participated in a raffle drawing, and got a Texas/ BYU shirt. It did however make me extremely happy to see others that call Texas their home. I was a BYU baby so I was born here in Provo, but then moved to Texas when I was really little. Texas is so special and people who live there love their state. When I am in class and they ask if anyone is from Texas they are always answered with a loud yes.

I don't have any extended family in Texas, so sometimes we feel a little alone down in Texas by ourselves, but I have learned to love it there. Sometimes it is just best to learn to love where you are now and move forward with your life. Anywhere can become your home like BYU has become me for these few years. 

3 comments:

  1. I grew up in a small town, and in the same house all of my life. My first time moving was to come here to BYU. Its a lot different from my home in Pennsylvania, but I have learned to love it, and it has become my new home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The starts at night are big and bright! Deep in the heart of Texas! So yeah I am not from Texas but I do like the idea of state pride that comes from it. Especially when it comes to football and the military.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel the same way about my hometown! With my career path, I don't see a lot of opportunity to move back to where I grew up, but I hope that I can! It was such a great place for me to be raised, and I hope that I can raise my kids there too!

    ReplyDelete