On Saturday BYU played Boise State at home and beat them with another Hail Mary thrown by freshman Tanner Magnum and then we preceded to get another touchdown all in the last minute of the game. We were all screaming, hugging each other and I even had happy tears coming down my face. It was crazy!
Sunday was regional conference. My roommate and I were ten minutes early to the conference, but that turned out not to be early enough. We were given one folding chair so we took turns on the chair and the ground. The same thing happened the day before at the football game where although we were a hour early there wasn't anymore seats in the student section. I guess next time we just need to get to these events earlier. There was some really great talks. Everyone mentioned or talked about the Sabbath. It has been such a big topic lately. Sister Burton talked about how it is a gift from God and we need to be appreciative of it by having not only reverent actions but reverent thoughts as well.
After dinner and the Worldwide Single Adult Devotional, My roommates and I went to a random jam session with people in the ward. We didn't really know anyone there, but I learned that people can connect through music. There were about seven ukuleles, a bass, and a guitar, and the rest were voices. It was so much fun and I am so happy I went. We decided that this will continue to be a Sunday tradition.
That's an awesome new Sunday tradition! I had a similar one once, and it was amazing how much closer I grew to people I thought I already knew so well. I hope it's a long lasting tradition for you!
ReplyDeleteThat game was nuts and the best! Did you storm the field after? I hope so, it was a blast. The conference was so full! I thought it was awesome. I love how in this area and at this school there are so many people who want to gather together to hear the word of God.
ReplyDelete